[development] Skipping validation on date field

Jeff Hartman lists at jeffhartman.com
Thu Mar 17 18:16:55 UTC 2011

Yes, I'm using a date element.

I'm doing what you describe in your second option below. When the user doesn't select anything, the date array passed has empty values (in essence is the same as "mushing them into nothing"), and I suspect that is why it doesn't pass validation... because an empty value is not a valid date.

So I assume I need a way to say that no date selected is considered valid.