[development] Proposal: Move all dev support off this list to new StackExchange site (Randy Fay)

James R Stone fndtn357 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 04:08:52 UTC 2011

I have to admit that I have always used support at drupal.org for the kinds of
questions it seems you want to move off of this list.

I also want to ditto @ayendesigns sentiment about the "warm and fuzzy"
feelings - I have learned a tremendous amount from subscribing to this list
during the past few months and would hate for it to go belly-up. The ability
for me to hear and see how a "heavy-hitter" reaches for a solution and
organizes a way to teach and answer in the same breath to a newbie question
has been educational for me.

Let's keep this list and off-load inappropriate questions as gracefully as
possible. Is there some type of notice that can be provided for newbies on
the cover of this list? A sticky note at the top kind of thing?

I also realize that many new people are coming as the result of Drupal's
success and there are many folks who do not know how to use IRC, search
lists, subscribe to lists, etc. The only way to learn those kinds of things
is to search, READ, and share with others. (Does anyone remember rtfm? jokes
or is that elitist? and/or old school?)

--
Best Regards,
James R Stone
fndtn357 at gmail.com

"The skill of coding is to create a context in which other people can
contribute."