[development] minimizing views_default_views in a module

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Fri Mar 18 11:45:40 UTC 2011

I'm working on a new drupal 6.x module (currently in sandbox awaiting
review - http://drupal.org/sandbox/sdague/1072704) which exports it's
data via views.  When I implemented hook_views_default_views() I just
used the export functionality on views for a few basic views to get
things started.

That works, but those are both very verbose, and don't implement any
i18n. Is there a standard way of trimming down the default values in
those views so this becomes a bit more sane and maintainable?

Advice would be appreciated,

	-Sean

--

Sean Dague                       Learn about the Universe with the
sean at dague dot net          Mid-Hudson Astronomical Association