[development] Proposal: Move all dev support off this list to new StackExchange site

nan wich nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 18 05:15:31 UTC 2011

When I started in Drupal a bit over four years ago, most of the questions asked
here would have been posted in the [searchable] forums. There were even people
who "specialized" in answering questions there. Why do we no longer encourage
using the forums for questions that will be asked time and time again? Even most
of the "Why doesn't ... work" questions would leave a valuable searchable trail
there. True it might not be quite as fast, but it worked most of the time. Then,
if those annoying questions don't begin with "I posted in the forums three days
ago..." we can easily say, "Go forth and post."

Nancy

From: Cameron Eagans

That is, I think part of the problem that this list is having is that it's
called "development". It's not drupal-core-development or core-development or
no-noobs-allowed-development. Because of that, people can (and apparently
frequently have) misinterpreted the purpose of the list.

Perhaps we could go with the idea that this is a development support list and
simply create a new list called, for instance, core-contribution? That way,
there's absolutely no way that somebody could misinterpret the name of the list
to mean something that it's not intended to mean.