[development] Proposal: Move all dev support off this list to new StackExchange site

Joel Willers joel.willers at sigler.com
Fri Mar 18 13:50:36 UTC 2011

Although I'm new to Drupal and the list, I think a common problem occurs in most forums.  The elite start it, looking for community.  Newbies need questions answered and find a place where experts hang out.  The newbies swarm, the elites start to leave.  Once the elites are gone, the newbies need to find them again, wherever they went to.  If you post that you have a list for experts, newbies will go there to try and get answers.  It's very difficult to have an area that experts are willing to hang out and simultaneously have newbies get answers.  This list and the support list have been extremely valuable to me.  I can see how it would be annoying to the elite, but frankly, wherever you go, if you make it public, newbies will follow.

Joel

p.s. The thing that helped me the most was when people said, "This is for the support list, not the Devel list."  Now I just read and take notes in the Devel list, and if I have problems in implementation, I send it to Support.