[development] #drupal and #drupal-contribute split (Was: Re: Proposal: Move all dev support off this list to new StackExchange site)

Neil Hastings neil.hastings at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 20:12:40 UTC 2011

As a developer of several contrib modules (previously including
taxonomy_menu, a top 100 module) I agree.  I'm not part of the *in* crowd
and not allowed the #drupal-conttribute and do feel like an outsider.

Not even letting people listen to your conversation kind of makes you look
like a bunch of elitist.

Another example is the creation of the D8 branch.  Think of the lost
opportunity to share this moment with nearly 4000 other Drupalers.  Instead
we got a tweet and a screenshot.  I could feel the excitement of the people
in the pictures and really wanted to be a part of that as I'm sure many
others did.

I feel like I'm on double-secret probation.

Cheers,
Neil