[development] #drupal and #drupal-contribute split

Walt Daniels wdlists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 00:43:38 UTC 2011

Random info without solid tags is very difficult to deal with. Bugs come and
go and carefully phrasing a query is hard. I can't count the number of time
I have issued a search on Drupal looking for a solution to something I think
is a bug. What turns up is frequently a bug in a current release and what
appears to be the very same bug in a very old release like 4.7. Far too many
of the search results have no info about to which release they apply.

In a similar vein, looking at an issue queue for a particular module I find
what appears to be a solution for my bug and it even notes that it has been
committed, but not to what release it was committed, usually to some -dev
release but it is not obvious when one of the many -dev gets into a real
point release. I strongly prefer dealing with only point releases for
production sites.