[development] Testing, 1 2 3 - let's see if this email bounces!

Joel Farris joel at transparatech.com
Sat Mar 19 03:44:34 UTC 2011

>> This is a test email to try and see if incoming mailinglist email from a non-subscribed email address gets through, and if it does not, is there a 'bounced' message returned to the sender to let them know that their message has dropped off the face of the earth?
>>
>> I'll let you all know what happens in a followup email. Here goes!
>> --
>> Joel Farris

> development-owner at drupal.org.

Ok, good. Now that Killes has tweaked the Mailman settings, incoming messages from an email address that isn't actually registered on the mailing list will now bounce, and the sender will receive the above error message, rather than having their email disappear into The Abyss.

I only discovered that this problem existed because I've been sending dozens of emails to the dev list for quite some years without paying attention to my own originating address, and apparently not a single one has made it to the list. All this time, I thought my words were being read but nobody ever responded. Now I know the truth; no one could hear me. :)

Thanks for fixing this with me, Killes! You rock.
--
Joel Farris
TransparaTech, Inc