[development] #drupal and #drupal-contribute split (Was: Re: Proposal: Move all dev support off this list to new StackExchange site)

Brian Vuyk brian at brianvuyk.com
Sat Mar 19 20:13:33 UTC 2011

On 11-03-19 03:23 PM, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> And to add to the problem of information is the old information
> being found instead of the current release which changed something in
> the old information so we have too much old and outdated information
> being found when the some due diligence is attempted causing the end
> user to give up and ask.

I think the above is a huge problem encountered when using the
Drupal.org search functionality. And this is a problem that will only
get worse over time. There is a lot of 'cruft' on drupal.org that only
relates to unsupported releases, and has no application to current releases.

I wonder if it would be beneficial to make an 'archive' or 'obsolete'
flag available to documentation team members, which can be applied to
all content on Drupal.org, then have those nodes removed from search by
default...