[development] Breadcrumb and menu issues

nan wich nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 20 00:24:08 UTC 2011

I briefly looked at that module and decided we don't need it. If I manually add
a menu item (disabled, so it doesn't make a long menu), everything works: that
is, menus show up and breadcrumbs are displayed. Clearly this will be the
easiest methof for the customer. However, I am still trying to figure out how to
get hook_menu() to place the schools under the desired parent menu item, which
has a path of node/206.

Nancy

________________________________

From: Christian López Espínola
On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 7:45 PM, nan wich <nan_wich at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I have Views generating a list of links to all schools in the system. That
> works fine, even the glossary style stuff (neat stuff, Earl). However, when
> someone clicks on the link and the node shows up, there is no breadcrumb
> (except "Home") or menu displayed. I surmised that this is because those
> nodes are not in a menu. The menu is generated by menu_tree_page_data(). So,
> I thought I'd get around that by adding a menu item for each school below
> (i.e. as a child of) the "All Schools" menu item. I know how to specify the
> menu name, but how does one say that this item should be below such-and-such
> a parent? The parent has a link_path of node/206, so I can't very well make
> the path "node/206/node/118". Given that there are 130+ schools, this may
> make the menu unwieldy.

I use custom_breadcrumbs [1] for this. I configure what the breadcrumb
of this type of content should be using tokens. Maybe it's worth
taking a look.

[1] http://drupal.org/project/custom_breadcrumbs
--
Cheers,