[development] Removing variables

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Thu May 26 23:45:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

you should use the standard interfaces esp in Drupal as there are so many hooks that can be triggered from seemingly harmless function calls.

Besides that this is an uninstall function and hardly every gets run so who cares how bad it is.

Also on a lesser note, in Drupal 8 everything is going to be pluggable, so doing things in ways other than using the standard interfaces will be a bad thing, and it is good to get into practice now.

Gordon.