[development] Package/group "API" for module administration

Jose A. Reyero drupal at reyero.net
Sun Oct 9 09:31:48 UTC 2011

Hi all,

As there are many API modules around (the ones just to be enabled when
other module requires it) and also there are tons of different modules
and packages I'd like to propose creating an "API" package to be shared
by all these modules.

This way all these modules would be hidden somewhere in the module list
not creating extra groups that are really not needed. All we need to do
is to add package = API in our module's info files.

If this sounds good for a few module maintainers we can just do it.

Cheers,

Jose