[development] 115,000 records -- nodes or custom

Peter Droogmans Peter at attiks.com
Thu Mar 8 15:08:36 UTC 2012

Sam,

I would opt for option 2, it's the most flexible in the long run.

We have one client with 65.000 nodes (25 fields each) and they are using views + exposed filters to search them, but it's an internal site so only a couple of users, the site is still quick (results are shown in less than a second). If you expect a lot of users searching, you might better look into apacheSolr to increase the speed.

Cheers
Peter