[development] How to change user profile entries

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 10 12:26:21 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 5:43 AM, Todd Bloom <todd.bloom at me.com> wrote:
> Honestly, I don't get why there's a fuss about it. How much volume does this list get specifically dedicated to core development, any way?

Did I say "core" development?  No, I did not, we've succumbed to the
fact that core developers no longer visit this list.  We have agreed
that this list is to be used by module developers for questions about
module development issues.  The OP did not speak about development in
any way but instead about use.

> It's not like it's a high volume list. It's not like it's a big deal to answer questions that someone might have even though it's not specifically related to core development.

The support list isn't "high volume" either.  But that isn't the
issue.  The issue is a segregation for archive purposes.  If we just
willy-nilly use the list without dedicated purpose what's the point of
having a list named development versus one named support?  How will a
user seeking information know he can depend on a list named
development to discuss development issues?  We self-police the list so
that we can have distinction in the purpose of the list for the
benefit of those seeking information.

--
Earnie