[development] File upload and convert

Peter Droogmans Peter at attiks.com
Tue Nov 27 08:38:57 UTC 2012

Chris,

You’ll need something custom, at leeast that’s how I solved it

I added an extra file field so people could upload the file, using hook_node_insert/hook_node_update I intercepted the upload, converted it, and store the result in the other file field.

You could do it using a custom file field widget as well, just extend the current one (have a look at the image field widget, it extends the file widget)

Cheers,
Peter