[development] Process in code when experiencing an install error in a custom module

Patrick Dawkins pjcdawkins at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 20:56:29 UTC 2012

I'm not sure about that; I don't really see what problem it would solve. An
install error might be caused by a bug in the contrib module, in which case
the module's broken (so this becomes moot), or it might be caused somewhere
in the Drupal core API (not the responsibility of contrib), or some problem
in the host system, in which case it's the host's problem. If code fails it
should fail hard, right? If you're trying to work around failures of Drupal
core, then patch core instead. There are some core issues around data
integrity (e.g. http://drupal.org/node/911352).

And copying the behaviour of well-established, stable modules, with
caution, is probably a reasonable rule of thumb.