[development] Bootstrap Phases

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 11 15:44:45 UTC 2013

.info files aren't processed during bootstrap. They only get processed
during certain actions and special pages, such as flushing caches,
visiting the modules page, etc. Once it reads the files, it then
stores/updates the data in the system table. The actual function that
does this is drupal_parse_info_file, located in common.inc and is most
commonly called through module_rebuild_cache.

On the theme side a very similar process happens in the
system_theme_data in system.module. The most common caller for that is
from dupal_flush_all_caches().

Jamie Holly
http://hollyit.net