[development] Bootstrap Phases

John Fiala jcfiala at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 15:49:23 UTC 2013

I don't think there's a phase where boostrap goes through the
filesystem looking for *.info files and loading modules.  I think it
looks through the system table and loads modules, and the *.info stuff
is cached in the registry or suchlike.  The list of modules gets
refreshed only when it needs to, which is either when you go to the
modules page or use drush to list or enable/disable modules.

In particular, it looks like you're looking for
_drupal_bootstrap_variables in Drupal 7, which is where
module_load_all() is called.
--
John Fiala
www.jcfiala.net