[development] Contributing my changes to VDD

Tobia De Koninck tobia at ledfan.be
Thu Feb 19 08:33:33 UTC 2015

Hi

I recently started working with Drupal. Today I tried running VDD.(I
have some experience with Vagrant and Chef.) I download this version:
vdd 7.x-1.3 (http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/vdd-7.x-1.3.tar.gz).
The problem is that it didn't worked out of the box. I had to make some
changes, and now it's working well.

I want to contribute my changes, how can I do this?

Here a list of what I had to do:

 -  include the database cookbook in cookbooks/site
(https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/database)
 - include the xfs cookbook in cookbooks/site
(https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/xfs)
 - include the chef-postgresql cookbook in cookbooks/site
(https://github.com/phlipper/chef-postgresql)
 - include the aws cookbook in cookbooks/site
(https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/aws)
 - add the database cookbook to the run list (/roles/vdd.json) before
the mysql::client recipe and after the apache2 recipe.
 - add the php cookbook to the run list (/roles/vdd.json) before
mysql::client recipe and after the database recipe

Cheers

Tobia