[drupal-docs] Moving Nodes vs. Creating New Nodes

bryan kennedy digital at mysteryexperience.com
Fri May 6 04:20:04 UTC 2005

Hey Folks,

I am going to have some free time this weekend to work on some of the
new documentation and wanted to clear up an issue raised when I
created the new books we have been talking about.  Dries has
requested that we move current nodes into the new structure (http://
drupal.org/handbook/v2) versus creating new nodes.  However, I am a
little confused how we can do this without breaking the current
handbook.

As an example, how can we have the new books and re-write the section
on "blocks", let's just say, and put it underneath the new
"configuration and customization" handbook without removing it from
it's current place.

I guess we just want to balance several different things
     -being able to develop an entirely new handbook on drupal.org
     -not breaking old links

Any suggestions?

bryan