[drupal-docs] Moving Nodes vs. Creating New Nodes

puregin puregin at puregin.org
Fri May 6 04:54:27 UTC 2005

Hi Bryan,

     I've been thinking about this, and it seems to me that the
thing to do is to make a copy of each node which we want
to move, and then move the original.

     The old handbook would eventually become a point-in-time
snapshot.  This way we would have a handbook which
tracks the changes which Drupal will evolve through,
while having historical context (for example, we could
drop the 'migrating from version 3.0' sections in the
new version)

    I've written a little extension to node.module to support
this - in fact I'm hoping that this will provide a programmatic
interface which will let us do the copy via a script.

    Regards, Djun