[drupal-docs] Drupal screenshots + sites list

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Fri May 6 08:02:54 UTC 2005

On 06 May 2005, at 04:36, Steven Wittens wrote:
> I suggest we post a call for the niftiest Drupal site: ask for sites
> that are really unique and use Drupal in different ways. Then we can
> have a nice gallery page with thumbnails next to each site along with a
> short paragraph about it. Of course we should be clear that we don't
> want average portals or blogs. Something like:

Having such showcase gallery is a really good idea. :)

We can already compile a list without having to issue a call for sites.
  It could include SpreadFirefox.com (campaign site), EricScouten
(portfolio site), Terminus (community site), UrlGreyHot (personal
blog), drupal.hu (international site), and some popular high-traffic
sites like KDEDevelopers (community blog), Footnotes (news site) or
Kerneltrap (news site).

So if we build a preleminary gallery and issue a call for sites with
that in place, people (i) will have better understanding of what this
is about and what we are looking for, and (ii) will be inclined to get
listed with these big names.