[drupal-docs] Drupal documentation coordinator

Anisa mystavash at animecards.org
Sun May 8 11:38:21 UTC 2005

Hm.  This sounds fun, and no one has ever really accused me of actually
having humility.  ;)

My views on existing documentation and the future of it are probably
well known to everyone.  I can't explain it in technical terms of
usability like Kieran can, but you know when something is well written
or well explained.  I've always thought that it takes someone who really
knows what they're talking about to explain something technical to an
average person.  In the absense of these hypothetical people, you get a
lot of techiness, which is great if the user is the same as you.  We run
into problems because they aren't.

That said, I am not, as often said, one of the technical people here.  I
am not stupid.  ^.^  I'm pretty bright.  I understand, in a general
sense, from reading assorted documentation, how Drupal works, how
functions work in general.  But I'm not a programmer; I know, I tried,
and they couldn't even produce a decent textbook then to explain what
they were talking about.  ;p

I think that's a plus, really.  ^.^  As for ability to coordinate, I
have done it with ACO in coordinating donations from over 20 different
sources.  It gets a little more complicated when you realize sometimes I
get five offers to donate the same set..  ;p  I used to do it for a
manga translation project; and I do it at work.  Quite frankly, it's a
pain.  ^.^

I apply to this because I think I can help, and I like helping.  For
some reason that is beyond explanation, I find this stuff fun.  I would
help with the same enthusiasm regardless of the outcome of this, and
complain with the same obnoxiousness over wordy paragraphs.  We're all
in this for the same thing.  Ne?  :)

Anisa.