[drupal-docs] Customizing applications pages

Boris Mann boris.bryght at gmail.com
Tue May 10 04:56:01 UTC 2005

On 9-May-05, at 9:44 PM, Kieran Lal wrote:

> How about we change modules to applications.  Everywhere else on
> planet earth we call them applications.  It's a usability issue.
> Every time I talk to someone who doesn't read 50 drupal posts a day
> they look at me with a glazed look over their eyes when I say the
> word module.

They're not applications. Do you double-click and they run? They
don't stand alone. Some of them don't even directly DO anything that
regular folks would recognize (the Drupal module is probably a good
example).

Drupal/CivicSpace is an application. The things inside are modules,
because they provide modular functionality.

IMHO, the word "application" in this context is more misleading than
the word module. This is a piece of terminology that must be learned
in the context of web applications, I believe.

---
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595
SKYPE borismann
http://www.bryght.com