[drupal-docs] Customizing applications pages

Charlie Lowe cel4145 at cyberdash.com
Tue May 10 06:16:45 UTC 2005

I have to agree with Boris. I remember the whole taxonomy vs categories
debate when we went through that name change. That was a long, long
battle (for those of you who weren't here) even though the easiest way
to define a taxonomy in user friendly language is as a "set of categories."

But this is different. Calling modules "applications" it not likely to
dispell much confusion. It may even add confusion when, as is sometimes
necessary, documentation might happen to use the term "application" in
other contexts.

I would suggest that rather than pushing this--which will result in lots
of Drupal community hours of discussion--that time might be better spent
merely rewriting documentation :)

Charlie