[drupal-docs] questions!

puregin puregin at puregin.org
Thu May 12 05:39:18 UTC 2005

On 11 May 2005, at 5:56 AM, Anisa wrote:

>  Ooo, there are actually pages in the book.  How exciting.

Yes, it is, rather!

>  OK, so the first thing that comes to mind is, what is the base
> version of Drupal you plan to use for the documentation?  4.6?
>
>  It is absolutely possible to make distinctions and descriptions for
> different versions of Drupal, but you must have a base.  4.6 sounds
> good to me, we can then make alternative info links for 4.5.  Yay,
> let's stick with 4.6, forget I said anything.

4.6 makes sense to me.   Given a 6 months or so release cycle,
it gives us a stationary target for couple of months, before we're
out of date and/or trying to catch up to 4.7.

>  The rest are just nitpicks.  I nitpick because I care.  ;)  I could
> nitpick more, but I am waiting to be able to fix everything myself.
>
>  Please remember Drupal is capitalized.  ;p

Good point. I've fixed a few instances of this myself, but I'm sure
there's more out there.

> http://drupal.org/handbook/install  Is database a captializable word??

     I can't find the instance you're referring to in handbook/install...

>  watchdog is listed twice in the core modules section.

      I deleted the second one - good spotting :)

>  It occurs to me I rather like the notion of a Last Updated: xxxx on
> each page, but perhaps that is too much overhead.

One way to approach this would be to be able to specify a
running title on displayed pages.  This is possible for
the printed version (I put the date that I formatted the
document on in the title).   I guess this could be added
to the feature request for footers to appear
on book pages.

>  Since the new handbook also will be combining a lot of existing cs
> and bryght documentation, one start could be to pull all avail.
> documentation on a topic and whittle it down on a wiki page.  It's a
> little hard for me to keep track of what everyone has said they're
> doing; several are involved in the contrib documentation sprint,
> there's lots of writing on modules; suggestions for the About Drupal
> page structure, etc.
>
>  I wonder if I can suggest using
> http://dev.bryght.com/t/wiki/HandbookVersionTwo?  It was designed for
> the discussion on v2's structure, but now we've settled on the main
> books so we can use it to just get all the texts together.  I will try
> to play with it a little and see.  It's also on the same wiki Kieran
> is using for his documentation sprint, and others are using for
> various things, so they can all be linked.  :)

Sounds reasonable...