[drupal-docs] questions!

Anisa mystavash at animecards.org
Wed May 11 12:54:06 UTC 2005

Ooo, there are actually pages in the book.  How exciting.

OK, so the first thing that comes to mind is, what is the base version
of Drupal you plan to use for the documentation?  4.6?

It is absolutely possible to make distinctions and descriptions for
different versions of Drupal, but you must have a base.  4.6 sounds good
to me, we can then make alternative info links for 4.5.  Yay, let's
stick with 4.6, forget I said anything.

The rest are just nitpicks.  I nitpick because I care.  ;)  I could
nitpick more, but I am waiting to be able to fix everything myself.

Please remember Drupal is capitalized.  ;p

http://drupal.org/handbook/install  Is database a captializable word??

watchdog is listed twice in the core modules section.

It occurs to me I rather like the notion of a Last Updated: xxxx on each
page, but perhaps that is too much overhead.

Since the new handbook also will be combining a lot of existing cs and
bryght documentation, one start could be to pull all avail.
documentation on a topic and whittle it down on a wiki page.  It's a
little hard for me to keep track of what everyone has said they're
doing; several are involved in the contrib documentation sprint, there's
lots of writing on modules; suggestions for the About Drupal page
structure, etc.

I wonder if I can suggest using
http://dev.bryght.com/t/wiki/HandbookVersionTwo?  It was designed for
the discussion on v2's structure, but now we've settled on the main
books so we can use it to just get all the texts together.  I will try
to play with it a little and see.  It's also on the same wiki Kieran is
using for his documentation sprint, and others are using for various
things, so they can all be linked.  :)

Anisa.