[drupal-docs] Drupal Drops Newsletter - May 23, 2005 - Draft

Boris Mann borismann at gmail.com
Thu May 19 15:00:54 UTC 2005

On 19-May-05, at 3:35 AM, Robin Monks wrote:

> This is a "next-to-final" draft.  Here is what remains to be done:
> 1) Retitle the sections, the current titles are a little bland and
> don't realy match the subjects.
> 2) Add URL's to chx's Drupal Quickies column (I think he's working
> on this himself, chx?)
> 3) Add a "Cool Tips/Tricks" section, should content be available.

  I think it's a great idea, and might also be of the form, "Did you
know Drupal does X?"

> Welcome to the first ever Drupal Drops Newsletter!  Drupal Drops
> will provide monthly information, news and advocacy for, hopefully,
> everyone's favourite CMS.
>
> The best part, you help write it!  We get all our content from
> forum posts, changlelogs and monthly contributors.  This means that
> we are a completely community-powered newsletter.

I thought there was going to be the story type, put into a submission
queue. Have you noticed this is the part I'm interested in? This will
be a way for people to submit focused, longer article length content.
Are the category terms set up yet? Need a description of how to do
these submissions.

> If you want to contribute to Drupal Drops, you can send information
> to devlinks at gmail.com and, if it looks good, it will be included in
> the next edition of Drupal Drops.

Can this be "news at drupal.org", forwarded to that email address? This
all needs to be branded as Drupal.org.

Looking good. One last thing -- I think there needs to be a short
explanation of the name -- people are always interested in hearing
the history of the name Drupal and the connection with drops, etc.
Without the explanation, it just makes me scratch my head about the
title.

--
Boris Mann
http://www.bmannconsulting.com