[drupal-docs] Drupal Drops Newsletter - May 23, 2005 - Draft

Robin Monks devlinks at gmail.com
Thu May 19 16:08:17 UTC 2005

> This is a "next-to-final" draft. Here is what remains to be done:
> 1) Retitle the sections, the current titles are a little bland and don't
> realy match the subjects.
> 2) Add URL's to chx's Drupal Quickies column (I think he's working on this
> himself, chx?)
> 3) Add a "Cool Tips/Tricks" section, should content be available.
>

> I think it's a great idea, and might also be of the form, "Did you know
> Drupal does X?"

Exactly, the only problem is finding those bits. I'm not much of a "tip
gopher".

Welcome to the first ever Drupal Drops Newsletter! Drupal Drops will provide
> monthly information, news and advocacy for, hopefully, everyone's favourite
> CMS.
>
> The best part, you help write it! We get all our content from forum posts,
> changlelogs and monthly contributors. This means that we are a completely
> community-powered newsletter.
>

> I thought there was going to be the story type, put into a submission
> queue. Have you noticed this is the part I'm interested in? This will be a
> way for people to submit focused, longer article length content. Are the
> category terms set up yet? Need a description of how to do these
> submissions.

This is in Dries teritory. It sounds good, but remember, it has to go into
one page/email newsletter. So normal cateogries might not do the job. Dries,
please fill in here.

If you want to contribute to Drupal Drops, you can send information to
> devlinks at gmail.com and, if it looks good, it will be included in the next
> edition of Drupal Drops.
>

> Can this be "news at drupal.org", forwarded to that email address? This all
> needs to be branded as Drupal.org <http://Drupal.org>.

I agree with this, I just didn't want to ask. drops-editors at drupal.org or
editors at drupal.org might be better.

Looking good. One last thing -- I think there needs to be a short
> explanation of the name -- people are always interested in hearing the
> history of the name Drupal and the connection with drops, etc. Without the
> explanation, it just makes me scratch my head about the title.

Drupal = Drupal
Drops = Small drops of water, water provides life, Drupal Drops provides
small bits in the life of Drupal.

Robin