[drupal-docs] Drupal Drops Newsletter - May 23, 2005 - Draft

Dries Buytaert dries at buytaert.net
Fri May 20 16:38:46 UTC 2005

On 19 May 2005, at 18:09, Robin Monks wrote:
>> The best part, you help write it!  We get all our content from
>> forum posts, changlelogs and monthly contributors.  This means
>> that we are a completely community-powered newsletter.
>
> I thought there was going to be the story type, put into a
> submission queue. Have you noticed this is the part I'm interested
> in? This will be a way for people to submit focused, longer article
> length content. Are the category terms set up yet? Need a
> description of how to do these submissions.
>
> This is in Dries teritory.  It sounds good, but remember, it has to
> go into one page/email newsletter.  So normal cateogries might not
> do the job.  Dries, please fill in here.

Boris, are you suggesting that we drop the newsletter idea and enable
stories with community moderation?  What stories would be 'news
items' and how to they flow to the newsletter?  I'm not sure I fully
understand the workflow you envision.  Please elaborate.

I was thinking of enabling the story module and have Robin post
"newsletter stories".  The stories would be tied to a new
'Newsletter' taxonomy term.  It does not involve community moderation
and post access would be restricted.