[drupal-docs] integrating/combining V2 and original handbook

Charlie Lowe cel4145 at cyberdash.com
Thu May 19 21:00:03 UTC 2005

Currently, we have development going in two tracks on V2 and the
original handbook, mainly in the About section, and we need integration.
This would have been a task we would have been confronted with
regardless of whether or not we went with V2.

The good thing to come out of this is that we have two people--Bryan and
Djun--who have been working hard, developing ideas for revising the
About section. They can now work together instead of in parallel. Both
should have ideas that can inform the other's viewpoint, thus
facilitating the creation of a better About section.

So I'm hoping that the two of you will both continue to work on this
section and take charge of this section as a team. You could choose to
follow Bryan's outline, borrow from mine, use what Djun has already
created in his reorganization. But please if you would, provide the rest
of the document team a new outline with some explanation of your choices
so that we can offer feedback and assist in the process. I've said
already, and firmly believe, that this the most difficult section of the
handbook to revise because it is a marketing text. I'm sure we could
help out.

Dries has provided us a link to the recent changes in V2:

http://drupal.org/handbook/updates

This should assist in the changes.

If either of you feel like you would prefer not to work on the About
section, please let me know so that we can seek a volunteer (if no
volunteers, I'll be glad to jump in). I would also say that once Bryan
and Djun have developed their strategy for the About section, other's
should contact them if they would like to volunteer in assisting to
rewrite any particular pages.

Charlie Lowe