[drupal-docs] [drupal-devel] drupal.org front page should be for potential users, not developers

Andre Molnar mcsparkerton at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 19 18:20:02 UTC 2005

Nedjo Rogers wrote:
> I'm thinking we need to fundamentally rethink drupal.org.  As things stand,
> the front page (indeed, the site as a whole) reads as if it were primarily
> aimed at two groups: (a) drupal developers, and (b) drupal users.
<snip>
Not quite so...

Everything "above the fold" i.e. the first thing anyone sees when they
hit Drupal.org - is exactly what you ask for...

"Visit the theme garden - a showcase of beutiful themes

Drupal.org is the official website of Drupal, an open source content
management platform.
Equipped with a powerful blend of features, Drupal can support a variety
of websites ranging from personal weblogs to large community-driven
websites.  More:    * About Drupal    * Screenshots    * Drupal sites
  * Features

Download Drupal"

Who, What, Why, When and Where are all covered and are the first things
people see...

Remembering back to the day I first visited the site, I can honestly say
I found everything I was looking for right away.  Only later did I check
out all the other stuff on the main page... and by then it all made
sense to me.

andre