[drupal-docs] update on doc project teams

Charlie Lowe cel4145 at cyberdash.com
Mon May 23 17:34:21 UTC 2005

Andrew Hoppin wrote:
> "Hoppin" for me not "Hopkin".

Sorry, Andrew :(

> I'd be ok with combining press and marketing-- or, rather, I can see
> Media being a sub-group underneath a marketing team.  Certainly there
> is a lot of overlap in terms of messaging and outreach-- though  I do
> think it means we'd need more people working hands-on in this group...
> working media contacts to generate publicity and responding to press
> inquiries can itself be a full-time job.  The marketing team would
> probably also need other sub-groups--"marketing" to developers is
> different than marketing to hosting providers is different than
> marketing to non-technical end-users, etc.  Each of these could use
> their own strategy, materials and messaging, and each would be best
> executed by members of those communities (e.g.: developers "market" to
> developers, etc.)

This all makes sense and sounds great as a set of long term goals, but
of course it depends on who volunteers and what they are willing to do.
My suggestion is that in forming things now it is probably best to think
more in terms of what can be accomplished now given the resources
(people and willingness to contribute). Later on if the team grows
substantially, it could always reorganize into sub groups.