[drupal-docs] update on doc project teams

Andrew Hoppin andrew at civicspacelabs.org
Mon May 23 17:08:26 UTC 2005

"Hoppin" for me not "Hopkin".

I'd be ok with combining press and marketing-- or, rather, I can see
Media being a sub-group underneath a marketing team.  Certainly there
is a lot of overlap in terms of messaging and outreach-- though  I do
think it means we'd need more people working hands-on in this group...
working media contacts to generate publicity and responding to press
inquiries can itself be a full-time job.  The marketing team would
probably also need other sub-groups--"marketing" to developers is
different than marketing to hosting providers is different than
marketing to non-technical end-users, etc.  Each of these could use
their own strategy, materials and messaging, and each would be best
executed by members of those communities (e.g.: developers "market" to
developers, etc.)