[drupal-docs] Admin help longs to be read by skilled Drupal user

Anisa mystavash at animecards.org
Sun May 29 02:14:46 UTC 2005

Hm.

OK, so I disagree.

This is why I disagree.  I believe what you're talking about applies to
something like, drupaldocs.org, or other developer orientated
documentation.  In that case, certainly, you have to assume the audience
understands what you're talking about already and then go from there.
It is entirely appropriate.

On the other hand, for your average admin, there isn't much point to a
lot of it.  Certainly, they can look it up, but you can also provide a
link to the relevant information right then and there, which is
eventually a time saver because someone is going to ask in the forums,
my drupal says something about OPML, what is that?

It's also inconsistent, why link to PHP and MySQL (which are really so
basic to drupal and are more likely to be universally understood) and
not to some of the other alphabet internet thingies?  Why not make the
language simpler?

This is a point I rather feel strongly about, so I will continue to
press it irregardless.  ^.^

Anisa.