[drupal-docs] Drupal in the Java world

Liza Sabater blogdiva at culturekitchen.com
Tue May 31 13:46:43 UTC 2005

Hi Mark and Dries,

Mark, first question : Folksonmy at PlanetCocoon. What are you using
for that? Is there actual folksonomy implementation for all nodes?
Please, pray tell.

Dries : Why would introducing a PHP-baed CMS to the Java community be
an interesting political challenge? Please pray tell.

My husband, Mark Napier [ www.potatoland.org ], is one of a handful of
net and software artists using Java. He and I are collaborating on a
new piece and are seriously considering Drupal for deploying and
managing the "artware".

That comment definitely piqued my interest.

Best,
liza

On May 31 2005, at 05:18, Mark Leicester wrote:

> Hi there Dries,
>
> Thanks for your kind comments, and also for the heads-up on the Drupal
> ad mention. Introducing a PHP-based CMS into a Java community is an
> interesting political challenge, but the power of the tool itself is
> very compelling. So far, so good. Thanks to everyone for all their hard
> work in making Drupal the nice piece of kit that it is!
>
> Best regards,
> Mark
>

> On 31 May 2005, at 09:50, Dries Buytaert wrote:
>

>> On 31 May 2005, at 10:11, Mark Leicester wrote:
>>> I haven't seen reference on Drupal.org to this yet, so, FWIW Drupal
>>> powers two reasonably high profile Java community sites:
>>> http://www.springframework.org/ (I don't know who built this - for
>>> Spring)
>>> http://www.planetcocoon.com/ (I built this - for Apache's Cocoon