[documentation] [task] System requirements - add info on PHP5.0.5+ and MySQL5+

Heine drupal-docs at drupal.org
Tue Jan 3 21:27:59 UTC 2006

Issue status update for
http://drupal.org/node/43209
Post a follow up:
http://drupal.org/project/comments/add/43209

 Project:      Documentation
 Version:      <none>
 Component:    Installation
 Category:     tasks

The page System requirements [1] has the following statements on PHP &
MySQL versions:

* PHP 5 is supported for the 4.6 release
* MySQL, v3.23.17 or newer

1. There is an issue with XTemplate and PHP 5.05+ (see Troubleshooting
FAQ [2]). Since the initial theme for 4.6 is bluemarine some warning
would be nice. For example; a link 'but see a theme issue with php
5.0.5 or higher

2. MySQL 5.0+ on Windows nearly always has strict mode on [3].  This
mode leads to some severe problems with Drupal: importing
database.mysql leads to warnings, no menu (navigation) will be
displayed and posting blog posts (and possible other node types) leads
to errors ( support request [4], another support request [5]).

Here again I'd like to see a link for MySQL to another page how to
disable strict mode. I wouldn't mind writing this page.
[1] http://drupal.org/node/270
[2] http://drupal.org/node/42080
[3] http://drupal.org/node/43148#comment-80193
[4] http://drupal.org/node/43148