[documentation] Block visibility snippets?

Steven Peck speck at blkmtn.org
Wed Jan 4 23:47:35 UTC 2006

I got started last night.  To much nervous energy to sleep.

I have a really rough start with more to go over the next few days.  There is a bit of duplicate content in various places, but there is more overlapping content that is harder to deal with quickly.  The joys of editing.

IN any case, this is advanced usage so in the http://drupal.org/node/257 Customization and theming section.  We have this nicely grouped php snippets section with php blocks snippets already.  What is proposed is a bit different though, it's about configuring block visibility through code.  Now, I can only think of two situations, visible by user and visible by role, but I suspect there may be more.

You idea is to deepen the tree and put both under a php blocks section.  Alternatively we can just  add a new one under this node: http://drupal.org/node/39282 create an introduction page called... Block visibility snippets

Write an intro to the section like http://drupal.org/node/21867 and then put your snippets there.  If there is anything we need to move from an existing post (maybe http://drupal.org/node/27690 and http://drupal.org/node/13266) we can move them.

Which would folks prefer?  Deeper blocks tree, or this?

-sp