[documentation] Problem with MIME magic and solution

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Jan 4 22:31:59 UTC 2006

This is a sever issue, for sure. Or better (as morbus also points out) a
distro/configuration issue.

But!!!! This is due to Drupal doing odd stuff on odd places. So, religiously
seen, Drupal is not wrong at all.
but seen from a practival point, drupals file.inc should try to solve this
issue itself! I have looked into this before, and my shot (testing this on
remixcommons.org) is to set a varaible_set based on a test and a ini_get
variable.

Certainly nothing for the docs, for it will only confuse people. And certainly
not by explaining to change or set some server settings different, if that
makes the server less secure not a single sysadmin with sense will allow it!

Ber