[documentation] Re: Fwd: [development] Drupal Hosting

Spz Toid spztoid at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 15:11:42 UTC 2006

I would also like to help with the edits. To start I'd like to contribute
good docs on the ultra-cool wgHTML module, because it's cool, and needs docs
to be useful for more folks. I've written several technical books
professionally, and wgHTML is a great tool to get 'em in Drupal and to show
'em off well.

I also think I could write a good install guide, for Windows users utilizing
phpmyadmin, for example.

If only I had the encouragement.

One thing tho', just 'cuz I like my privacy, I prefer my name not be posted
online, so I use a pseudonym. Drupal.org profiles are very accomidating for
this, but when I posted to this Doc mailing list once before,
here<http://lists.drupal.org/archives/documentation/2005-12/msg00141.html>,
I saw my name was published online, and I hope it can be removed by an
admin. It was my own fault really, and I've changed my mail client setting
since then.

Also, if docs go to a moderation queue and are eventually approved, wouldn't
that be a good time to release the doc with an appropriate version number,
possibly coinciding with a release, even if only a point release? If a
workgroup works towards a (doc) release, and version it, it generally brings
focus to the workflow, and the versioning process tends to make for a more
coherent doc; even for minor docs.

SpzToid
--------
-for every vision, there's an equal and opposite revision.