[documentation] Hitchhikers guide to Drupal

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Thu Jan 5 19:57:38 UTC 2006

Op donderdag 05 januari 2006 16:57, schreef Charlie Lowe:
> So rather than presenting a very negative view of the Drupal development
> community as non-user centric (which this does), why not focus on how
> the open source process works, how what happens occurs because of
> community contributions.

awfull from a marketing perspective?

Who ar ewe marketing for? I think we indeed agree that pure hitchhikers (=
people who give nothing back) are indeed welcome, but purely because it does
not matter if they use drupal.

I think a marketing that aims at these people is a silly marketing. We
absolutely do not need these people.

So, I think it is not too negative to explain clearly how things are. We
should try, indeed, at all points to market drupal at people who can and will
contribute. In any way, but still contribute.

bèr