[documentation] Introduction and Greeting from themacgeek (Jamie)

themacgeek info at themacgeek.com
Thu Jan 5 22:36:00 UTC 2006

Greetings everyone!

A year ago I tried Drupal but due to various reasons I abandoned it.
Well, a year has passed, much has changed for Druapl and I have tried
it again.  I am glad to say, I am very impressed and look forward to
making Drupal my site building tool of choice.

But I do not want to stop there.  I have caught the bug I guess you
could say and have personally taken on some vision for the future of
Drupal.

After spending some time in the IRC channels and discussing how I can
contribute to the Drupal Community I have decided to join here and
begin my journey.

In order to give everyone a bit of info about myself, my skills and
my interests, I am posting this email.

Feedback and suggestions are requested.

How I would like to contribute:

My primary interest is helping with Drupal documentation.  More
specifically I would like to help with creating a Drupal Training
System(DTS).

I have no idea if this idea has been tossed around before (I have not
had time yet to read the list archives), but I can see where a very
defined training path would help new users.

After reading much of the handbook documentation provided by the
Drupal community, I can see how this would be very easy and in the
end benefit the community.

Background:
- BA Communications from the University of Kansas
- 10 years as a graphic designer/branding consultant and corporate
trainer for Apple and Adobe.
- Strong focus of the last 5 years on workflow management and
developing corporate training programs.
- Strong general web design and development skills
- Apple Certified Technical Consultant - 2001-2004
- Adobe Certified instructor - Illustrator/Photoshop/Indesign/Acrobat
2000-2004

Thank you for your feedback.
Jamie - themacgeek