[documentation] Introduction and Greeting from themacgeek (Jamie)

themacgeek info at themacgeek.com
Thu Jan 5 23:03:35 UTC 2006

I envision the Drupal Training System as a very structured point A to
point B training system.  A good example would be something similar
to Sam's Teach Yourself series of books or something from VTC.

The primary idea is to structure a training series where someone can
begin at Page 1 and work through step by step like a training manual.
This could be something as simple as a  downloadable PDF or a set of
interactive videos.

In my opinion the current documentation, though very helpful and
thorough does not lend itself to helping new people understand what
some of the underlying concepts and theory is behind CMS systems in
general and how Drupal can be used to make site management easier.

I should clarify, I am not trying to introduce something to make the
documentation development more difficult or add to what I am sure is
an already difficult task.  It is my understanding that currently
documentation is an area where Drupal needs more contributors.  Being
new to Drupal in many ways, I would like to offer my input and help
in any way I can.

themacgeek