[documentation] Babies, Spoons, Food and Funny Faces

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Sun Jan 8 16:37:36 UTC 2006

On Saturday 07 January 2006 12:30, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> He figured out some of the stuff mentioned above, but he didn't feel
> confident about it.  He kept asking: "Was that the correct way to do
> it?  Did I do that right?".  That's a fairly important observation,
> no?  Having videos or screenshots could have given him more
> confidence.  If it doesn't feel right, you won't get excited about it
> either.  Confidence is a pretty important ingredient.

On a not so unrealted note here, I replaced a hot water heater in my home two
days ago.  The documentation that came with it was sooooo general in nature,
that it sounded as if it were written for another manufacturer's hot water
heater.  It had the net effect of making me feel as if I were doing
everything wrong and in making the whole project take three times longer than
it probably would have if I had just thrown the manual away and installed it
on gut instinct.  I think Dries has a very real and valid point that is
demonstrated in many areas of life, not just Drupal, that would be prudent to
heed.

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadae.net/