[documentation] Role Based User Handbooks

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Thu Jan 12 02:22:44 UTC 2006

On 11-Jan-06, at 12:38 PM, Robert Castelo wrote:

> It might be useful to think about the main user roles of most sites
> and try to target handbooks to each role.
>
> Roles - there may be any number of roles on a site, but they all
> fall into these groups:

These are "type of site" specific -- a brochure site might have the
consultant as admin, and a limited set of contributor tasks for the
clients that actually use the site.

I *would* love to see this sort of information, it's just NOT
official, set in stone documentation per-se...but rather, tips,
guidelines, and one particular way of doing things....which is super
useful, but is not the same as documentation IMHO.

Again my plea is to turn on the "story" node type and have this type
of info be able to be submitted by anyone, go into a submission queue
and get approved. We'd have a nice, categorized archive (free
tagging, of course, perhaps with some additional "big buckets" like
Tips, Best Practices, Recipes, Case Studies, Official News, etc.) and
a way for anyone to get exposure by writing good content.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595