[documentation] Re: Making handbook editable by all

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Thu Jan 12 14:39:25 UTC 2006

On Jan 12, 2006, at 1:16 AM, Boris Mann wrote:

> 2. a) auth user hits "edit" button or

The comments page has allowed us to reduce the number of comments.
The most popular handbook page has allowed us see what's being read
and contribute re-writes to these popular pages.  For example, the
Install instructions re-write is on it's way.  About Drupal is being
updated.

Most recent updates allows us to track the changes to the handbook.
http://drupal.org/handbook/updates

Is there a self selecting option that we could add so that not
everyone sees an edit tab, but they could easy enable themselves to?
I am thinking they might have permissions to enable a handbook
contributor role which would allow for editing.   The other option
would be to do bulk role enabling.  Instead of giving everyone edit
ability you give it to everyone who has posted to the forums, posted
a comment, or created a project.   This could be a temporary
experiment with a sub-set of the community to see if broader edit
ability lead to improvements.

Cheers,
Kieran