[documentation] the documentation site is too broken and lacks formatting and writing style

Charlie Lowe cel4145 at cyberdash.com
Fri Jan 13 16:30:49 UTC 2006

Robert Castelo wrote:

> If there's a problem exporting markup with sub-headings, could we not
> deal with that at the code level, parse the output and break it up into
> sub-pages on export?

What about using the XHTML 2.0 heading/section specifications for input:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xhtml2-20040722/mod-structural.html#sec_8.5.

This gets away from the problem with using <h2>,<h3>... when
documentation writers create the HTML for book pages. Could a filter
process this and then we could just use <section> and <h> instead?
Drupal could produce <h2>,<h3>...  on output.