[documentation] the documentation site is too broken and lacks formatting and writing style

puregin puregin at puregin.org
Fri Jan 13 17:16:02 UTC 2006

     Let's take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

     We agree that the present documentation is lacking
in structure and presentation.

      I think there are several root causes

      - we are trying to serve many audiences
      - we have only one vehicle: Drupal book module

     Others have proposed various solutions, and I merely
summarize here:

      - structure some of the documentation as one or more Wikis
      - structure some of the documentation as one or more FAQs
      - possibly introduce other structures?
      - let books be books
      - improve book scannability and navigation
      - make searching easier/better
      - have a separate  site for documentation
      - open up community access to documentation
          - decide on appropriate community roles and processes

      Djun