[documentation] Links to module pages from contributed modules

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Sun Jan 15 09:05:44 UTC 2006

On 14-Jan-06, at 11:48 PM, Kieran Lal wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2006, at 8:33 PM, Boris Mann wrote:
>
>> I integrated some comments from a user on the audio module page
>> (http://drupal.org/handbook/modules/audio) -- the user had linked
>> to the audio module page, since there isn't one on the page or any
>> of the contrib module pages, as well as links to "related" modules.
>>
>> I'm not a huge fan of how the link to the module page links (at
>> the bottom, with strong tags -- I debated between top and bottom).
>> I do like the list of "Related Modules".
>>
>> I was thinking of going through and adding links to project pages
>> at the very least. Opinion on link and related modules?
>
> it's clearly valuable, but it would break the administration help
> as a single source for modules.
>
> I'd rather see tags added to capture this kind of information.

I'm not clear on what you're saying. How does this break admin help?

Also, the comment seems to be only about related modules (which I
agree could be handled by tags)...I believe each of those pages needs
a link to the project page, so that people can go directly to
downloading instead of having to search.

related modules +/- ?

link to download +/- ?

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595