[documentation] A New Approach to Drupal Tutorials

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Mon Jan 16 04:29:43 UTC 2006

On 15-Jan-06, at 12:06 PM, Nick Lewis wrote:

> Charlie, you must be pretty far ahead of your time. So what's a
> good next step? I could setup a proof of concept site today on my
> server, so that we're all on the same page in so far as what we're
> building and how it would work.
>
> I think moderation of the posts that come through would serve less
> as a protectionary measure, and more as a way to keep the info well
> organized. THe big weekness of feeding in posts, usually, is that
> it gets thrown together in a page of "blog barf"(as one of my
> clients called).

Unless Dries buys into it as a change to be made, it's not a useful
next step. I am not in favour of aggregation for this process, never
mind that the aggregator2 codebase is crufty. So, you need to
convince people that this is a good way to accomplish end goals (what
are those again?) and then convince Dries to install (and maintain
for all time) aggregator2 on Drupal.org

With my story method, you do a simple cut and paste to cross post, as
well as re-categorize within the options chosen on Drupal.org. Not
hard. I mean, I could set up a "proof of concept" with story
nodes...but it's a core module and I think the process is pretty well
understood...

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595